In the market there is a great variety of wines and we don’t always know which one is the best. Hence, on some occasions, having dedicated much time, money and effort to prepare a great evening, we find a wine that is not up to par.
So that you do not see yourself again in this situation, it is best to learn several tricks with which to recognize a good wine. For this in WINERY ON we have written the following article in which we will give you some clues. Read carefully and start applying each of our tips from today. Your lunches and dinners with friends and family will be a major success thereafter.
KEYS TO KNOW A GOOD WINE
According to the most prestigious sommeliers, there are a number of characteristics that unite good quality wines. Paying attention to these small details when choosing can give us the key to success. They are the keys to good wine and are summarized in the following:
- The color. It must correspond to the type of wine we want to buy. Obviously, the color depends a lot on the type of grape or if your skin is more or less thick, the maceration time etc. But in any case, it is important to pay attention to this aspect. We will give you some advice in this regard: a young white should be a pale yellow; if it is very high in color it may be rusty, so it is better not to buy it. The same happens with reds, if their tone is violet, it is a young red, which will not be as compatible if you are going to pair with red meat.
- Smell. Try to buy wines in specialized stores where you can smell the contents of the bottle before buying it. If the wine reminds you of flowers, fruits and suggests similar things to smell it, it is that we are facing a good wine. If it is sour and vinegar, it flees from it.
- Smell and taste together. This tandem must form a unique whole. If we observe that there is a lot of presence and excess of wood that masks the other aromas, better discard it since it is possible that it has remained in barrels that have not been aerated and may present elements that contaminate its flavor.
- Balance between the elements. The smell, the taste, its color, etc. They must be perfectly integrated into a whole. If one of them stands out above the rest, it may have some anomaly. In that case, we better not choose it again.
- Alcohol and tannins. They should favor salivation in their mouth. It is the way in which they will leave memories in the diner, so they should be balanced smooth silky and not astringent.
- Persistence. The taste of a wine must remain in the mouth for some time. Hence, talk about long wines. Usually, when a wine remains for ten seconds in the mouth it is a good wine.
- Complexity. The wines evolve in each sip and the person must perceive that these alterations occur because the wine is awakening their senses. If this happens, it is a good wine. Otherwise it is a flat wine that will not help us much in our evenings.
- The smell of wine must remain in our nose. It must be remembered that the senses form a whole and that it is essential that all remain for a few seconds in the person. The smell too.
- Crystalline appearance. If the wine looks cloudy, discard the bottle. Good wines always have a clear and crystalline appearance, without imperfections.
- A careful bottle and proper packaging. They say a lot of the care that has been taken in the preparation of that wine and assures us a good percentage of success at the table. Remember that beauty is also part of our way of enjoying wine.
So, you know, if you want to choose a wine properly, it is best to follow our advice. And if you want to get it right and you don’t have time to do everything we’ve told you, don’t worry. Visit our online store and select any of our products. All of them are quality wines that will make your meals look wonderful.